1. What is Bartendro?
It’s a portable “precision cocktail dispensing robot” that concocts beverages in LESS THAN 10 SECONDS, right down to the milliliter.
2. It was designed by software architect Robert Kaye and roboticist Pierre Michael of Party Robotics, and debuted at San Francisco’s BarBot in 2010.
3. How does it work?
The open-source robot allows users to order drinks using smartphones and tablets. Specially-calibrated pumps then dispense each ingredient according to your cocktail recipe’s specifications.
4. Bartendro is run by the Raspberry Pi open-source computer, allowing techies to modify its functions to their hearts’ content.
The robot’s designers suggest such additions as a breathalyzer, a credit card payment reader for commercial usage, and an integrated shaker or stirrer.
5. The Raspberry Pi has its own Bartendro WiFi network and user interface that let you browse and select drink menu options.
Admin screens help you manage ingredients, recipes, individual dispensers, and cleaning operations.
6. The device is part of a Kickstarter campaign with a fundraising goal of $135,000.
7. It can be outfitted with up to 15 ingredient dispensers, or for just a single shot.
Prices range from $99 to $2,499.
Check out more from the creators at Party Robotics here.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!