1. They Put the Charm in Lucky Charms
There is no question. Childhood would be impoverished without the AM sugar high, after-school pick-me-up, or pre-bedtime nightcap perfection of fluorescent Lucky Charm happiness. Whether you swear by the marshmallows first, marshmallows last, or combo-bite strategy, no other cereal experience quite compares.
4. They Help Us Probe the Human Mind
So irresistible are the fluffy confections that scientists have been using this “pièce de résistance” in studies about willpower in the 1960s. Can’t resist that cloud of goodness calling out your name for fifteen minutes? It’s ok. Neither could 70% of 4-year-olds tested. We are all slaves to the marshmallow!
5. They Make Ideal Chemistry Models: Marshmallows = Polymer Components in Plastics
6. Marshmallows Demonstrate Boyle’s Law
400 Marshmallows Expand and Deflate in a Vacuum
7. They Transform Cocktails Into Dessert
1/2 ounce marshmallow vodka (or vanilla, whipped cream or cake flavored vodka)
1/2 ounce Godiva chocolate liqueur
1/4 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
3/4 ounce cream/half and half
chocolate syrup or hot fudge
graham cracker crumbs
vanilla frosting for glass rimming
10. And if the drunchies set in…
There are more where that came from.
13. Marshmallows (like Mozz Sticks) are AMERICA.
17. Ooey and oh so gooey…
Toasted Marshmallow S’Mores Bars
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake…sip and savor or gulp til it’s gone.
The age-old question: does a fluffernutter count as lunch? It is a sandwich, after all…
21. If not lunchable, then at least launchable!
President Obama gets in on the launch action with Joey Hudy’s “Extreme Marshmallow Cannon” at the White House Science Fair. This kid is clearly a genius. Tax dollars for Science Education FTW.
22. Marshmallows Allow for Important Cultural Commentary
Brad and Peepalina
As if Downton Abbey could get any more delicious, behold Peeton Abbey.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.