1. World’s most expensive broom made from hundreds of shredded dollar bills
Created by Mark Wagner
2. Matsumoto Castle Replica made from paper currency worth $818,000
3. “The Mendicant” by Robert Wechsler
This art installation features a series of sculptural cubes made entirely out of notched interlocking pennies, ranging in date from 1959-2012 and from a variety of specific locations.
5. “One Billion Dollar” — the most expensive piece of art EVER
This art piece by Michael Marcovici (2009) is literally 10 million $100 bills stacked on wooden crates. According to the website, the piece is meant to prompt contemplation about what one would do with so much money.
6. The 3,000-coin World Currency Map
Created in 2009 for the Swedish bank Erik Penser Bankaktiebolag, this map is composed of continent-specific currency.
8. Wall, ceiling, and pillar decor at Cabbage Key Inn
Almost every surface of this restaurant in Pine Island Sound, FL is covered in bills left behind by patrons.
11. Penny flooring
How else to make use of the lowly one-center?
13. An unconventional reward for hard work, by Mark Wagner
An actual raise would undoubtedly be preferred.
14. The International “Money Dress” by Susan Stockwell
The “Money Dress” (2010) was created using paper money from across the globe, stitched together to mimic an 1870s dress worn by female British explorers.
15. “The People’s £50 Million Lottery Giveaway” Promotional Dress
This dress made out of £50,000 in paper notes and coins in total was used to promote the British ITV show “The People’s £50 Million Lottery Giveaway,” in which the public voted for one of four projects to be awarded a £50 million grant.
Image from Clayton Parker.
16. A Hat of British Pounds
Artists Zena May Hendrick, Sarah Parker, and Hattie Newman created this hat out of shredded money, which was featured in The Guardian.
17. A Monetary Interpretation of Angie’s Leg
By Latvian artist Irina Truhanova
18. “An Exploration of Value in the Form of Money Mosaics” by Chad Person
Yixing Teapot and iPod (2005) from the “Worshipping Mammon — Currency Artwork” collection.
19. Groom’s Cake Decorations
Considering that few things are dirtier than money, one would hope that these cakes were just for show.
20. Zimbabwean Protest Sign
In 2009, The ZImbabwean Newspaper launched an ad campaign using a series of posters, murals and billboards made out of the Zimbabwe 100 trillion note, criticizing Mugabe for the hyperinflation crisis.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️