1. You find one that you like.
This is usually the easiest part because there are plenty of fish in the sea!
2. You try to stand out so they will notice you.
3. You reach out to people you both know so they can put in a good word for you.
4. You’re not really sure when or how many times to follow up.
Should I contact them? Do I wait for them to contact me?!
5. Sometimes they ignore you and you have no idea why.
7. You try to tell yourself it doesn’t matter, you’ll find one eventually.
9. Then another one comes along and they want to talk to you!
10. You start doing some research so you have things to talk about.
13. You must make a perfect first impression.
14. Sometimes you’re incompatible and they never want to talk to you again.
15. You have a billion failed attempts and you kind of just want to give up.
16. But then you finally find one that wants you back!
17. And suddenly you are glad it didn’t work out with any of the other ones.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›