1. Bangka - Belitung Islands
Parai Tenggiri Beach, Bangka.
2. Thousand Islands (Kepulauan Seribu) in the North of Jakarta’s coast
This chain of islands consist of almost 128 small islands located in the Bay of Jakarta.
3. Karimun Jawa Islands in the Java Sea
This another chained-island in Indonesia has 27 islands in its territory.
4. Derawan Islands, East Kalimantan
The islands include Derawan, Sangalaki, Kakaban, Maratua, Panjang, and Samama Island.
5. Bunaken Island, North Sulawesi
Bunaken is well-known for its highest level of biodiversity. There are at least 58 different genera and sub-genera of corals and 2,000 species of fish are found in the marine park.
6. Wakatobi, Southeast Sulawesi
Wakatobi is an acronym of 4 main islands (Wangi-wangi Island, Kaledupa, Tomia, and Binongko) of an archipelago group known as Tukang Besi Islands.
9. Gili Islands, West Nusa Tenggara
The Islands consist of 3 small islands : Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air.
10. Flores Island, East Nusa Tenggara
Kelimutu Lakes are basically three craters with three different colors at the top of Kelimutu Mountain. According to locals belief, the lakes are the spiritual resting place of their ancestors. It is said the lakes change color according to the mood of the spirits. Source
Spider-web rice field at Cara Village in Cancar, Ruteng.
11. Komodo Island
Komodo Island is the home of the largest (and endangered) lizard on Earth, Komodo Dragon.
This pink-colored sand in Pink Beach is formed by the dead red corals.
12. Raja Ampat Islands, West Papua
The Islands consist of Misool, Salawati, Batanta, Waigeo, and the smaller island of Kofiau.