22. There were few things more empowering than walking into school on that first day of senior year.
21. Everyone knew each other, so if you wanted private time with your boo thang you had to seek out some pretty sketch locations.
Like under the dock, for example.
20. The underground gum trade could get intense and political.
You always seemed to be way more popular with a pack of Dentyne in your back pocket.
19. It was always a drag when a substitute enforced more rules than the actual teacher.
18. You thought your first car was the absolute best, and you felt like a total badass behind the wheel.
Like you physically could not shut up about how great that car was.
17. There was that one kid who was super weird all through high school, but then you eventually developed a soft spot for them.
16. Lunchtime = Gossip
What happened during fourth period. The rando senior and the status of his relationship with some girl at another school. Why the chicken poppers tasted awful that day. All fair game.
15. It was so beyond exciting when you officially made varsity.
But you had to play it cool.
14. For better or worse, there was actually no way of escaping your ex-boyfriend.
13. And you sometimes didn’t deal with it in the most mature way.
So many subtweets. One might even say too many subtweets.
12. You hadn’t quite figured out dating yet, but it was okay because that was all part of the fun.
11. Sex was brought up in an academic setting and not one person could take it seriously.
10. You couldn’t ask just anyone to prom. A plan of attack was absolutely necessary.
9. In an attempt to discover the “real you,” you experimented with many different styles which often confused your family members.
7. You seemed to always find out when people were talking behind your back.
6. People had their cliques. It came with the territory.
5. Everyone wore their emotions on their sleeves because hormones.
4. You had an insane amount of appreciation for your friends. Mainly because they put up with your ridiculous teenage self on a daily basis.
3. Gym class sucked.
You were thrilled to wave the days of overly competitive dodgeball games and bad gym uniforms goodbye.