2. Your greetings and salutations are cheesier than a Hallmark card.
And you’ve probably used them when answering your phone or while talking to your friends. Damn you, habits!
5. A swarm of customers always seem to enter the store right as you were stepping out for a break.
8. Don’t even get you started on that glitchy credit card machine.
9. You’re guilty of putting someone down because your day sucks.
12. You’ve been filled with hope when a customer asks you to hold their items.
14. You both hated that one Top 40 song, share the late shift, and are equally inappropriate…
15. You’ve had to use every bit of energy to not harm your bossy coworker.
16. Your relationship with the company’s tech support is thriving.
Your computer system was sent from hell to make your life much harder.
17. You’ve had some twisted daydreams about what you would do to certain customers.
18. You and your friends are on completely different schedules.
19. How you feel when you greet someone and they respond with, “I’m just looking.”
20. You end up having to do way more work than is in your job description.
25. Flood of customers, phone’s ringing, and only two people on the floor…
28. Customers have definitely mistaken you for a therapist.
29. Customer interactions during the last hour of your shift.
32. You’re sick of being asked why you’re still working in retail.
33. You’ve agreed to cover someone’s shift only to wish you’d never been born.
35. There are some customer messes that can’t be cleaned.
And they will forever be burned into your night terrors.
36. You’re not above breaking your phone in order to avoid being called into work on your day off.
38. Trying to text without your boss seeing you.
39. You know the customer is most certainly not always right.
43. You hold a grudge when a customer minimizes your average transaction.
44. Organizing the back room is both infuriating and dangerous.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›