2. Don’t forget the guest of honor.
So cute. Let’s hope he stays out late. Find it on Etsy.
3. Establish yourself as host with the classic top hat.
I mentioned this was a formal gathering. Top hats are the essence of class. Especially plastic ones. You could make it or buy it here.
4. Greet your guests with these hot chocolate Groundhogs.
One good thing about winter is hot chocolate. Check out how to make these here.
5. Get guests in the party mood with some Groundhog Day beads.
Mardi Gras is just around the corner. These beads will link one holiday into another. Find them at The Mardi Gras Spot.
6. Serve food with ingredients that grow underground.
7. Don’t forget snacks for the Groundhog.
Humans may also partake.
8. To heat up the winter, try some hot toddies. You’ll need some warmth if that furry friend sees his shadow.
9. End the night with some sweet treats.
If the Groundhog isn’t coming out, push him out with these push pops.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.