1. This afternoon, Liam tweeted his support to Willie Robertson from A&E’s Duck Dynasty.
2. For those that need a refresher, Willie is the son of Phil Robertson, who was suspended and then reinstated after a video of him making homophobic remarks went viral.
Eric Henderson / Reuters
3. Liam’s fans have taken to Twitter to voice their disappointment in the singer.
10. One of the disappointed tweets was from YouTube star and LGBT youth advocate Tyler Oakley, who often interviews the band.
11. As of 5:45 p.m., ET the tweet was favorited nearly 10,000 times and retweeted over 5,000 times.
12. In 2011, Liam tweeted his support for his gay fans.
13. A request for comment from Liam Payne’s representatives has not yet been returned.
14. Update: Jan. 18, 6:06 p.m. ET — Payne sent out more tweets in response to the backlash
16. Update: Jan. 19, 1:00 a.m. — Payne returned to Twitter a few hours later with a more aggressive message that he (in a later tweet) wrote was aimed at the media coverage of his initial tweet:
23. He then responded to Tyler Oakley:
24. He then got back to tweeting to everyone — but specified that his angry tweets were aimed at two groups:
Senior Editor. Too much anxiety, not enough Alexander Skarsgard.
Contact Mackenzie Kruvant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.