1. You can use the bathroom without closing the door.
FOX / Via kjstewfan.tumblr.com
3. You don’t have to say hi to anyone until you get to the office.
NBC / Via giphy.com
4. You can do all the embarrassing and gross things you want without fear of judgment.
6. You will never come home to your roommate too drunk to function.
NBC / Via thegloss.com
8. You don’t have to give anyone a heads-up before bringing home a special someone.
Paramount Pictures / Via weheartit.com
9. When you spill something all over your couch, you can get a new one without asking anyone’s opinion about it.
10. When your fitted sheet falls off your bed you can just ignore it and sleep on the bare mattress for weeks.
11. You don’t have to pretend to not hear your roommate having sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend.
USA Films / Via neilmobile.tumblr.com
12. And when they break up, you don’t have to politely ask your roommate when they last showered.
13. You never have to wait for anyone to get out of the bathroom to pee or shower.
14. Speaking of no roommates, you know how you never seem to have as many popcorn bags as you remember? No problem! No one is going to steal your goodies.
15. You don’t have to cover your apartment in passive-aggressive notes.
16. You don’t have to share the TV, so you can have impromptu TV parties.
NBC / Via thisloveisnotwhatyouwant.tumblr.com
17. No one will save over the game you were playing on your Xbox.
18. You don’t have to make small talk when you’d rather just be left alone.
NBC / Via kpopselca.com
19. And most importantly, you don’t ever have to wear pants.
In The News Today
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›