1. You only need to pack the essentials.
You’ll be coming home with a collection of everyone else’s clothes anyway.
2. A cause is more important than an individual.
Once you’re assigned blue, you bleed it. Even if your friends are on white.
5. The sign of a true friendship is a bracelet.
You can find DIY tutorials for these and more bracelets here.
6. You were forced to learn the value of candy portion control to deal with the rations you got from the canteen.
The camp canteen: your first diet
7. …Until your care packages arrived and your bunk became a black market.
8. You learned how to harness your inner Katniss.
Even though this skill has still never come in handy.
9. It’s totally normal to be best friends with your 46-year-old counselor.
10. If you push all your clothing to the sides of the room, it will look cleaner and you can probably pass inspection.
Stacks on stacks on stacks.
11. Newcomb is simply better than volleyball.
(For those who don’t know, newcomb is a variation on volleyball that is significantly easier.)
12. A good card game can make any boring situation fun.
Uno anyone? How about bullshit?
13. Cutting your T-shirts can maximize how much skin you’re showing.
15. Just how sweet victory can be!
Because where you are on the tennis rankings can make or break your summer.
16. It’s safer to not think about what’s in the lake.
Yes, you stepped on something. But do you really want to know what it was?
18. It’s OK to cry at the campfire, because what happens at campfire, stays at the campfire.
19. It doesn’t matter where a field trip is going, as long as junk food will be available.
20. The more photos you have, the more popular you look.
Photo collages are when acquaintances become best friends.
24. A summer isn’t complete without learning all the lyrics to Dispatch’s “The General.”
27. You can turn any song into a “camp song.”
All songs can be improved with some summer camp lingo.