1. On the first day of NBC’s Olympic coverage, American hero Bob Costas got a terrible eye infection.
3. Monday night, it became apparent that the infection had spread.
4. Even though he had a sense of humor about it…
5. He’s been pulled in favor of Matt Lauer for tonight’s coverage.
“Reluctantly, I was trying to throw a complete game here, but I think we’re going to have to go to the bullpen, and I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, but you’re Mariano Rivera, at least tonight. Let’s hope it’s only tonight. I’m walking around, I might as well be playing ‘Marco Polo.’ I have no idea where I am.”
Matt seemed nervous about the new position saying, “so I’m going to step in for you tonight? The master at Olympic prime time?” He then continued, “By the way, I’m going to be doing the shots of vodka in about 15 minutes.”
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›