1. On the first day of NBC’s Olympic coverage, American hero Bob Costas got a terrible eye infection.
3. Monday night, it became apparent that the infection had spread.
4. Even though he had a sense of humor about it…
5. He’s been pulled in favor of Matt Lauer for tonight’s coverage.
“Reluctantly, I was trying to throw a complete game here, but I think we’re going to have to go to the bullpen, and I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, but you’re Mariano Rivera, at least tonight. Let’s hope it’s only tonight. I’m walking around, I might as well be playing ‘Marco Polo.’ I have no idea where I am.”
Matt seemed nervous about the new position saying, “so I’m going to step in for you tonight? The master at Olympic prime time?” He then continued, “By the way, I’m going to be doing the shots of vodka in about 15 minutes.”
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World Aids Day — 35 million people have died from Aids-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›