4. Even though he had a sense of humor about it…
5. He’s been pulled in favor of Matt Lauer for tonight’s coverage.
“Reluctantly, I was trying to throw a complete game here, but I think we’re going to have to go to the bullpen, and I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, but you’re Mariano Rivera, at least tonight. Let’s hope it’s only tonight. I’m walking around, I might as well be playing ‘Marco Polo.’ I have no idea where I am.”
Matt seemed nervous about the new position saying, “so I’m going to step in for you tonight? The master at Olympic prime time?” He then continued, “By the way, I’m going to be doing the shots of vodka in about 15 minutes.”
- Voting is underway in New Hampshire, the second nominating contest of the U.S. 2016 presidential election 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.