1. That at any moment you could stumble into one of the many open cellar doors…
4. Or that you will be walking under scaffolding and it will fall and CRUSH YOU.
5. The possibility of getting kicked in the head by one of these guys.
6. Taking a cab and then looking up to see last month’s paycheck spent.
7. That you could very well fall right onto the subway tracks since they are just there and the yellow line isn’t some kind of invisible shield.
8. This sight when it’s rush hour in the morning and there is a line behind you.
12. The possibility that your identity and life savings have just been stolen because you don’t even know if that was a real ATM you just used.
13. That you could experience the mysterious subway drip landing on you. Or worse…on your FACE.
14. That you might eat at a restaurant only to realize afterward that it didn’t have an “A” grade after all.
17. Having a cockroach scatter past your feet on the street or in a restaurant or come up through your shower drain. Basically just cockroaches in general.
19. The thought of what the actual ingredients in a street dog are.
21. Having one part of your body get stuck in the subway door and the door doesn’t open back up.
22. Accidentally finding yourself in the middle of a flock of pigeons and you are holding A BAGUETTE.
24. Planned service changes. “Planned.” “PLANNED.”
26. Being charged more than $2 for a slice of pizza.
27. And agreeing to go to someone’s party and finding out afterward that it’s in a different borough.
Thanks to all my wonderful coworkers who helped me out with this one and admitted their fears.