3. Always YELLOW.
4. Never NOT yellow.
5. HOW LAME AND STUPID.
6. BUT WAIT. THERE’S SOMETHING SPECTACULAR THAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT.
15. And the kernels look like pieces of beach glass rounded and snuggled into bed.
16. And they are vibrant and wonderful and I just want to carry them around with me and show everyone the amazing corn.
The corn, called Glass Gem corn, is grown by Carl Barnes, a Cherokee rare corn farmer and Native American corn expert. Here you can learn about the growth of the corn. And you can purchase the seeds here!
And you CAN eat it, from the Facebook page:
“Grower Michael Mills recently steamed and enjoyed some of his fresh Glass Gem ears. His review: “It was interesting - definitely not sweet, but not bad. Chewy though.”
So it might not taste amazing, but whatever, it looks PRETTY!
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›