1. This is me wearing my super fashionable and ~trendy~ outfit to fashion week.
Pants: Hanes - $6
Sweatshirt: Vintage (made by my dad LOL) - FREE
Total cost of outfit: $6
2. I also carried around Cheetos, in case seeing someone in sweatpants wasn’t AWFUL enough.
After taking these photos, I went inside for a fashion show. When I first entered the tents I was feeling nervous and insecure. I was in sweatpants, for crying out loud! I was an ugly duckling! I was a sore thumb in a sea of beautiful not-sore thumbs. I was a human on planet Krypton!
I walked briskly to get to my seat hoping no one would notice I wasn’t one of them. I could feel people looking at me thinking, Where is her dress? Where are her heels? Why hasn’t she washed her hair in two days?
Then I realized how ridiculous those thoughts were, so I embraced the situation that I voluntarily (and proudly) put myself in, and decided to show off my sweatpant attire. And DAMN it felt good.
This is what happened next:
4. I decided to join the crowds of people walking through after the show let out.
5. Actually I strutted. Because I am fashion forward and strutting is cool.
6. And as you can see, some people did NOT like my look.
9. Very much hates my look.
In conclusion: I’m not really sure if people thought it was weird and HORRIBLE that I was wearing sweatpants, or just that they thought it was weird and horrible that I was acting like an idiot. To be honest my outfit wasn’t that strange compared with many outfits I saw over the course of fashion week. After all, it was just sweatpants, and sweatpants RULE.
All photos taken by Macey Foronda for BuzzFeed.
- In 2011, the death of Mark Duggan - an unarmed black man - at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.