1. So dreidel is basically the hottest game right now.
2. That’s because it’s played during Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights.
3. To be the king of dreidel, you’ve gotta know how to play the game.
4. First: Get this hat. Without this hat, you are nothing.
5. Next: Get your dog this hat. Without your dog having this hat, the dog is nothing.
6. Now you’ll need some Gelt. Gelt is chocolate that looks like coins but they have no real monetary value.
7. You’ll also need a dreidel, DUH!!!
10. OK! Time to play!
Golden Pixels LLC
11. To begin, everyone has to “ante up.” Put a coin or two in the pot, or THREE if you are feeling frisky.
12. BTW — the pot of gelt is called the “kupah.” It’s Hebrew for “cash register.”
13. OK, now it’s time to spin the dreidel. Each player takes turns spinning it. There are four sides to the dreidel.
14. This is the “Nun” side. If you land on Nun, nothing happens. You just pass the dreidel. It’s easy to remember: Nun = none = nada = move it along.
15. This is the “Shin” side. If you land on Shin, you put a coin or two in the pot.
16. This is the “Hey” side. If you land on Hey, you win half the pot!!!! HEY, that’s pretty cool!
17. But what you really want is “Gimel.” If you land on Gimel, you win EVERYTHING. You take the whole kupah. All gelt is yours.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›