1. Redditor your_doppelganger, noticed that this painting by Ignacio Zuloaga of Doña Carmen Arconada looks familiar…
2. Kind of like….MICHAEL CERA.
3. To confirm that this really was Michael in a past life, one commenter added an important and distinctive trait:
5. Another commenter used some photoshop trickery to create this new painting, which is almost impossible to tell apart from the original:
6. One other redditor made an obersvation that might be the most intriguing theory yet…
7. BY GOLLY, they’ve got it!
Kevin Winter / Getty Images