After learning that Elizabeth “Mimi” Haist was homeless, Zach Galifianakis became even cooler than he already was by getting her an apartment and paying her rent. Not only that but he takes her out for dinners and brings her to movie premieres as his date. +1,000 for Zach.
2. This is Mimi, she’s 87 and has known Zach Galifianakis for 20 years.
3. When Zach found out Mimi was homeless, he decided to get her an apartment and pay her rent.
From The Daily News:
The generous star struck up such a close bond with the 87-year-old laundry worker that he decided to get her a cozy apartment and pay her rent when he found out she was homeless two years ago.
Haist told the Daily News she will be Galifianakis’s date for the Monday premiere of the new “Hangover” film in Los Angeles.
“I’m looking forward to it, I like the excitement of it,” said Haist, who’s gone to premieres with Galifianakis before.
“If he’s in town, he takes me. Otherwise he lets me take a friend. I dress up nice and a friend helps me with my makeup. It’s fun, not something I’ve ever dreamed I’d experience. The limo takes me home afterwards,” said Haist.
5. She’s also the cutest old lady you’ve probably ever seen.
6. And this is her being adorable during an interview at the laundromat that she works out.
7. Here are the two of them arriving to The Hangover 2 premiere:
8. BRAVO ZACH!
9. And <3 you Mimi.
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›
- Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›