1. From the day you are born, dogs are there for you.
2. They’ll lend you a hand when you need it.
3. They are your buddies through the fun times…
5. They will save you from snakes.
7. They’ll pull you to to safety.
8. And they’ll be your eyes when you can’t see.
Dorado led his blind owner to safety from the 71st story of the North Tower on 9/11.
Now these guys are learning to help do the same thing!
10. They’ll make you feel better.
11. And they’ll be really happy to see you if you’ve been gone a while.
14. And after everything, they’ll be loyal to you.
Lady the dog and her owner 81-year-old Nicholas went missing one day and a week later they were found. Nicholas had died of heart failure, but Lady had stayed by his side until they were found.
Navy seal Jon Tumilson died in Afghanastan. At the memorial service for him his Labrador retriever, Hawkeye, layed next to him the entire time.
This dog was the sole surviving member of a Japanese family. The dog still does not leave the gravesite of his owner, neighbors bring him food and water.
Every day at six o’clock this dog goes by himself to the grave of his owner and stays there all night. He’s been doing it since his death, 6 years ago.
18. So go home and kiss your dog
19. Or give it a hug.
20. Cause this little guy is your best friend for life.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›