This was the video that went around, it’s only a snippet of the full length one.
And, Justin’s apology letter:
To my family, friends, and fans:
The last time I wrote a letter like this, it was when I had the good fortune of attending a once in a lifetime experience by sharing an evening with some of America’s finest at the Marine Corps Ball about a year ago. I was so moved by that night, I wanted to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, this letter holds a different kind of weight for me.
Normally, as some of you know, I am (by nature) a pretty private person. So, I don’t really take it upon myself to comment on things that so often go misunderstood or something that has even shed any kind of dark light on what was and will always be one of the most special weeks of my life. But, in light of the recent events, I can’t fight the urge to clarify my thoughts and feelings on what has been a very upsetting portrayal of the people closest to me and myself. It’s not who I am as a professional or as a man.
I can’t help but think of one of the many great life lessons my Grandfather has taught me… He told me when I was younger that “Sometimes, you are confronted with challenges in life that perhaps are not your own. And, when those moments arise, the right thing for a man to do is accept that responsibility, whatever it may be, and face it with honesty and humility.”
So, I’m taking his advice. If for no other reason, than to clear the air so no one has to ever wonder how I feel about it.
I’d like to start off by saying that I don’t live my life making fun of people (unless, of course, I’m making fun of myself on SNL)… Especially, those who are less fortunate or those in need. I grew up with a family and community that instilled ideals in me like hard work, honesty and empathy. As a matter of fact, growing up in Tennessee, I was always taught that we as people, no matter what your race, sex, or stature may be, are equal. We have a saying there that “Everyone puts their pants on the same way(maybe this saying doesn’t apply to guys who wear kilts. Although, I’m sure they put theirs on the same way too…)”
As it pertains to this silly, unsavory video that was made as a joke and not in any way in mockery:
1. I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it.
2. My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I’m sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don’t believe it was made to be insensitive. More so, I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding(which IS kind of funny if you think about it).
3. Like many silly rumors that I have been made aware of about the week: It was NOT shown at my wedding.
4. I think we can all agree that it was distasteful, even though that was not it’s intention.
Once again, in the world that we live in where everyone thinks that they know everything, I want to be very clear… I am NOT defending the video. I agree with the overall consensus. But, to use another “pants” analogy… It seems that these days, misconception gets around the world before the actual truth even wakes up and gets it’s pants on.
I want to say that, on behalf of my friends, family, and associative knuckleheads, I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video. Again, it was something that I was not made aware of. But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts. It really is a blessing to be able to speak directly to my true fans so that you can know exactly where I stand.
P.S. You can bet your ass that I’m having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service… Boom.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- erikachristine thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win
- Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- Lilypop86 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win
- carolinek4 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is SMH
This man is such a complete douchebag. I love how people try and excuse it because his friend did it and not him. The person who made it is his cousin and a close friend and obviously knows what Justin thinks is funny. I read that the video was 8 freaking minutes long and they watched the whole thing. Probably laughed their asses off too…insensitive rich pricks. I lost all respect for this jerk during the Janet Jackson Super Bowl thing. He was 50% of that whole debacle but he gladly let her take all of the blame. Asshole
- sallymw Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- sammiilouise Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- Surehy Breter Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... and thinks it’s Fab, WTF & Win
- Alibug thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
- raquelm5 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win
- angela thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
well, I guess that’s nice of him? But when he continuously says his friends are good people and it wasn’t meant to be distasteful blah blah blah, I don’t buy that at all. When people go out of their way to laugh at people who have almost nothing they are dehumanizing them and undermining their reality. As far as I’m concerned they probably didn’t “realize” this was distasteful because they didn’t “realize” the people they were talking to were, in fact, human beings. People can’t claim ignorance every time they do a shitty thing.
- Brenda C. Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- alexiabby Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- dubtrack.fm readers just made Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... hotter
- legume thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
- suzettes Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... and thinks it’s Win
- elle438 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
- genesist Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- dawgette68 Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ...
- loloandrew11 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
- livelst thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Fail
- kelseym9 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win
- NoraVH thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win
- nateman89 thinks Justin Timberlake Apologizes For His ... is Win