1. Well there are the accents, for a start, which are uniformly delightful.
(Regardless of what Ofsted might have to say on the matter).
2. Consequently, they’ll have their own irrestible ways of sweet-talking you.
3. It’s a cliche to say it, but they’ll probably be refreshingly direct, and free of self-importance.
4. So you’ll always know exactly where you stand, romantically speaking.
5. They’ll often come up with a profound piece of wisdom that leaves you speechless.
6. They’ll put forward philosophical conundrums you’d never really pondered before.
7. They’ll rarely complain about the cold or drizzle. They don’t even feel it anymore.
11. And a taste for life’s culinary luxuries.
12. Crucially, they’ll be able to handle their drink.
15. They’ll also be able to take you places of awe-inspiring natural beauty.
16. They’ll have surprisingly strong opinions on what to call one of these.
Bun? Barm cake? Breadcake? Teacake? Bin lid? This debate can literally go on for hours.
17. Plus if you’re really lucky they might cook you something delicious that you’d never get down south.
Pictured: chicken parmo. It’s, er, nicer than it looks.
18. They will also - and this is really key - know how to make you a proper brew.
19. Equipped with a keen bullshit detector, they’ll never let you become too pretentious.
Even if you do move to London.