No one knows why hipsters do this. It’s one of life’s mysteries.
10. The DJs who don’t care if anyone’s dancing. They’re here to “educate” the crowd, not entertain them.
12. The ones who are very keen for you to notice their animal tattoos.
13. The ones who embrace Movember, supposedly “for charity”, but really because they just love themselves with a ‘tache.
Which always conveys a really heavy-handed anti-capitalist message.
18. The goths who almost certainly never listen to goth music.
19. The couples who try just that bit too hard to project a sense of gritty urban reality.
21. And the ones with beards that scream ‘I am hipster. Hear me roar’.
Luke Lewis is the Executive Editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
In The News Today
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›