1. Snake massage, eh? Sounds interesting. How does that work then?
3. Well, first the masseur washes and dries the snakes.
5. Then the nightmarish serpents are draped all over your unclothed body.
7. And left to slither all over your legs.
9. Your back.
11. Your chest.
13. Your shoulders.
15. And (Oh God, no) your face.
17. Before finally being returned to the gaping hell portal from whence they slithered.
19. The treatment is being offered by Bali Heritage Reflexology and Spa in Jakarta, Indonesia and costs 480,000 rupiah, or about £26.
21. The snakes in question are six-foot pythons, and have their mouths taped up to ensure they don’t bite.
23. Ferdi Tilukay, the guy in these pictures, claims the treatment gives you “an adrenaline rush.”
25. Amazingly, this spa is not the only one that offers the treatment. Snake massage has also been marketed in Israel, Russia, and Thailand.
Luke Lewis is the executive editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›