1. This was the scene in Norwich last night.
3. The city’s traditional Christmas light switch-on climaxed with a massive singing illumination of Norwich’s most famous son, Alan Partridge.
The soundtrack? Roachford’s “Cuddly Toy”, of course, which you’ll remember from the opening sequence of Alpha Papa.
5. Lasers were involved.
7. And even though Alan himself couldn’t be there.
9. There were plenty of lookalikes there to take his place.
Plus his friend Michael, played by Simon Greenall (right).
11. A representative from the Lord Mayor of Norwich office said: “Norwich City Council’s Christmas switch-on is always a special occasion but with the face of Alan Partridge lighting up in all its glory, this really is one to remember.”
13. Amazing. It was all done to promote the arrival of Alpha Papa on Blinkbox. And as marketing stunts go?
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›