1. There’s a small town in Michigan called Hell.
2. And, as the BBC reports, it is currently blanketed with ice and snow.
As are great swatches of America, as a result of the “polar vortex” that has seen much of the nation experience extreme cold.
3. Temperatures in Hell have plunged as far as 17 below. Even snow ploughs have got stuck in the snow.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›