2. Sure, we have a royal family, but we humiliate them at every turn
7. So… this whole thing turned out quite well, didn’t it?
8. In fact, let’s just take a little moment to remember
9. On the subject of sporting heroes, it’s pretty cool that our greatest cyclist is a mod who loves Oasis, The Stone Roses and The Jam
You want to know how brilliantly British Bradley Wiggins is?
14. Let’s not forget The IT Crowd
Yes, yes, technically written by an Irishman, but still.
22. This singer-songwriter
24. This album
25. This song
27. Other British heroes, beyond music? How about Alan Turing, the father of computer science, whose codebreaking skills helped win World War II
28. This chap is worthy of your admiration
33. The thing is, a lot of our heroes are lovably flawed. For example, the guy who wrote this
Fifteen years later, wrote this
34. And the guy who played drums on this
38. Our press, for all its flaws, is the liveliest you’ll find anywhere. In most countries, newspaper front pages look like this
39. Ours look like this
41. And our local newspapers have the most hard-hitting exclusives
There, that wasn’t so difficult now, was it?