1. I can’t believe we even need to have this debate. I mean, just look at this guy.
2. And this guy.
4. But OK, let’s build our argument. Throughout history, beards have conferred prestige.
6. For many of the careers that matter, beards are practically a prerequisite.
7. Plus, bearded men are more attractive. This has been proved by science.
That’s according to a study by the University Of New South Wales. The optimum level of face fuzz was found to be heavy stubble: ten days’ growth.
8. A decent beard can transform a pasty nerd into a rugged hunk.
10. Some random dude into the director of Star Wars.
Into an Oscar winner.
13. There are practical benefits too. Growing a beard means you can say good-bye to one of mankind’s most tedious tasks.
14. Other things you can do with a beard? Well, it gives you something to stroke while you’re thinking.
17. And enchant women.
18. And if it’s big enough, you can sell advertising on it.
It’s certainly possible to go too far.
And, OK, the hirsute look doesn’t work for absolutely everyone.
Plus, once you’ve grown one, it doesn’t always have quite the impact you’d imagined.
19. But still. If you can grow a beard, you should. Pity those poor souls who can’t.
20. Truth is, the benefits of having a hairy face are pretty much endless — as any partner of a bearded man will attest.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.