1. You share similar taste in music/films/cheese.
Means nothing. You don’t love them, you actually love Taylor Swift, The Godfather and Older Gouda 2 SIS- Hard…
2. Repeated drunken sex has happened.
The main problem here is - YOU’VE NEVER HUNG OUT SOBER.
3. They’re a single friend of your best friend’s SO.
The promise of endless even board game teams and symmetrical dinner parties is so tempting. But you don’t like them at all?!
4. You do everything together.
Do you really want to fondle the dangly bits of your best mate though? Probs not.
5. They get you on the guestlist.
So what? You don’t even go out because you’re too busy instagramming your tortoise and watching Great British Bake Off in your pants.
6. There is an irresistible and intense passion between you.
What are you like 16? Seriously.
7. You look amazing together.
Admittedly, you do look like an advert for The Kooples. But, this is beyond shallow.
8. They have a great accent.
They sound super sexy but you’re going to have to learn Swedish to be with them?! Not gonna happen.
9. They live nearby.
If you’re that lazy, admit defeat and cultivate fulfilling relationships with Netflix characters instead.
10. They made a big romantic gesture.
Stop watching 80’s movie marathons.