8. When you try to tell your friends what you’re going through, they don’t get it.
9. They’re not interested in hearing you talk about your emotions.
10. And if you spend one more night complaining to them, they might just tell you off.
12. Or to drink your troubles away. But there are healthier options.
14. Sometimes you need a professional to help you figure out what’s going on inside your head.
16. Therapists don’t care when you’re being negative.
19. And they’ll always at least pretend to be interested in what you’re saying.
24. Suddenly you realize you can talk about ANYTHING. And they get it.
25. You feel a sense of relief. You’re a little less alone.
26. You won’t be cured right away, but things will start to seem less bleak.
29. Over time, you might just start to see yourself as a new person.
33. You can give yourself props for taking the time to work on getting better.
34. Because life, while not perfect, will suck that much less.
35. Now your friends who were annoyed by all your whining can be annoyed by your new carefree attitude. (Sorry, it’s a little much.)
In The News Today
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›