8. When you try to tell your friends what you’re going through, they don’t get it.
9. They’re not interested in hearing you talk about your emotions.
10. And if you spend one more night complaining to them, they might just tell you off.
12. Or to drink your troubles away. But there are healthier options.
14. Sometimes you need a professional to help you figure out what’s going on inside your head.
16. Therapists don’t care when you’re being negative.
19. And they’ll always at least pretend to be interested in what you’re saying.
24. Suddenly you realize you can talk about ANYTHING. And they get it.
25. You feel a sense of relief. You’re a little less alone.
26. You won’t be cured right away, but things will start to seem less bleak.
29. Over time, you might just start to see yourself as a new person.
33. You can give yourself props for taking the time to work on getting better.
34. Because life, while not perfect, will suck that much less.
35. Now your friends who were annoyed by all your whining can be annoyed by your new carefree attitude. (Sorry, it’s a little much.)
In The News Today
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›