5. And without any siblings to compete with, it’s easy to be the center of attention.
6. Think of it this way: without a sibling, you’re getting twice as much of everything.
7. You don’t have to waste time with silly sibling arguments.
10. Which is good, because you never really learned to share.
12. You never developed certain social skills that your friends with siblings did.
15. Because being an only child gets really, really lonely.
16. Without an older sibling to guide you, you’re lost in this world.
18. Meanwhile your parents expect WAY too much from you.
20. The older you get, the more you realize you could have used a brother or sister.
21. As adults, your friends bond with their siblings. But you don’t have any.
23. And you realize you’re possessive of friends. You crave attention but you need endless amounts of personal space. Basically, you’re nuts.
26. Also, your need for everyone’s undivided attention isn’t cute anymore. Sorry.
27. Look, you’ve learned to be self-sufficient. In many ways, being an only child has given you strength.
Louis Peitzman is a senior entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. Peitzman writes about and reports on the television industry.
Here Are The Top Stories