1. On the red carpet at Mad Men’s Season 6 premiere, BuzzFeed asked the show’s stars where their characters would be in the ’80s. Here’s what they’re predicting, along with our interpretations of them as contemporary ads.
2. Don Draper (Jon Hamm)
“There is a Twitter feed called ‘80s Don Draper which I’m actually quite fond of. I think he’d be far too old to be that cool or funny. I think Don would be very, very tired by the ‘80s, honestly. And hopefully happy.”
3. Joan Harris (Christina Hendricks)
“I hope that she continues to be a great mother, and that she continues to be a power force at work. I hope she just stays strong and healthy and happy.”
4. Betty Francis (January Jones)
“Jazzercise. Jane Fonda.”
5. Sally Draper (Kiernan Shipka)
“Sally, I see her being the awesome person that she is. She’s just a strong person. She’s gone through a lot, and she’s handled it really well, better than I would have. So I think she’s going to be all right.”
6. Peggy Olson (Elisabeth Moss)
“I think that in the ‘80s she would be fortysomething. I hope that she has a happy home life. I hope that she has a supportive relationship. I think that she’s definitely still working, though. She’s definitely still in the office.”
7. Stan Rizzo (Jay R. Ferguson)
“I don’t know if he’d make it to the ‘80s. I don’t know. Maybe shooting pictures for Playboy or something.”
8. Mad Men airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on AMC.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›