1. Are you really adopted?
Uh, yes. I’m not sure why I’d be lying about that.
2. Do you know your real parents?
My real parents are the parents that raised me. If you mean my biological parents, then no.
3. Why can’t I call them your “real parents”?
Because that’s completely disrespectful to the parents I have. How would you feel if someone said your parents weren’t “real”?
4. Do you want to meet your biological parents?
I don’t. Others might.
5. Why don’t you want to meet your biological parents?
I have my reasons. They’re kind of personal, but by all means, keep prying.
6. Why did they give you up?
Are you kidding me? That’s definitely not any of your business.
7. But can you ever really accept your parents as your real parents?
Haven’t we already been over this? Yes. They raised me. They’re my parents.
8. Don’t you think maybe your biological parents were famous?
Sure, why not. I’m sure at some point you believed you were the lost princess Anastasia. We all have weird imaginations.
10. What if you have siblings you don’t know about?
Then I have siblings I don’t know about! You could too — maybe your parents cheated!
11. If I were you, I’d feel completely different about all this.
Would you? I’m glad you have so much insight into what it’s like being me.
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.