1. Fitzgerald Grant with Olivia Pope (Scandal)
Cheating on your wife is bad enough, but doing it when you’re the President of the United States is especially dangerous. Fitz’s affair with Olivia has dominated much of Scandal’s run, even as both parties have tried to move on.
2. Alicia Florrick with Will Gardner (The Good Wife)
Let’s not forget that Alicia’s husband Peter cheated first — with hookers! Still, Alicia’s on-again off-again relationship with Will was never really kosher, especially since he’s also her boss. They’re on the outs now, but who knows what the future holds.
3. Dylan McKay with Kelly Taylor (Beverly Hills, 90210)
Oh, sure, Dylan and Kelly were always meant to be together. But before they were a couple, Dylan was very much involved with Kelly’s best friend Brenda. If it helps, Brenda also had a fling while she was away in France.
4. Rayna Jaymes with Deacon Claybourne (Nashville)
Rayna and Deacon hooked up before Nashville started — and again well into its first season — but their dalliance resulted in an illegitimate daughter and a long, tumultuous unrequited love situation. Sounds like a country song.
5. Dexter Morgan with Lila West (Dexter)
Rita was right to suspect something between Dexter and his NA sponsor Lila. As with all affairs on this show, it didn’t end happily — turns out Lila was just about as insane as everyone’s favorite sociopath Dexter.
6. Cersei Lannister with Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones)
Twincest alert! It’s not as though Robert Baratheon was ever faithful to his wife, but at least he wasn’t sleeping with immediate family members. Ah, those Lannisters. How else do you preserve such gorgeous blonde hair!
7. Arizona Robbins with Lauren Boswell (Grey’s Anatomy)
We love hot doctor-on-doctor action, but not when it means splitting up one of TV’s best same-sex couples. And hasn’t Callie suffered enough without dealing with her wife’s infidelity? Blame it on the blackout, I guess.
8. Julia McNamara with Christian Troy (Nip/Tuck)
I mean, everyone cheated on this show, so it’s almost unfair to single these two out. But as with Nashville, this affair resulted in a case of mistaken paternal identity — and angst that played out throughout the series.
9. Oz with Veruca (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Willow had cheated on Oz with Xander, but that was just a little making out. Oz and Veruca went all the way — and yes, there were werewolf pheromones involved. That still doesn’t excuse it. At least it pushed Willow to Tara.
10. Skyler White and Ted Beneke (Breaking Bad)
Those three little words: “I fucked Ted.” And frankly, Walt deserved to be cheated on. Weirdly, people still criticize Skyler for her actions, but it’s hard to judge someone whose husband decided to go and become a dangerous drug lord.
11. Julia Houston with Will Chase (Smash)
It wasn’t long into the first season that Julia started feeling those familiar rumblings for another man. Soon she and Will were rubbing up on each other all over the Bombshell rehearsal area, which is basically the opposite of discretion.
12. Craig Manning with Manny Santos (Degrassi: The Next Generation)
It’s not Craig’s fault: he’s bipolar. But before he was diagnosed, he cheated on Ashley and knocked up Manny, who ended up getting an abortion in an episode that was pulled from the airwaves in the U.S. That’s a lot for a teenager to handle.
13. Carrie Bradshaw with Mr. Big (Sex and the City)
Even though we knew they’d eventually end up together, there was no excuse for the cheating Carrie and Big did — Carrie on Aidan, Big on a wife whose name we can’t be bothered to remember. That elevator scene, though.
14. Nicholas Brody with Carrie Mathison (Homeland)
I suppose when you’re already a terrorist double-agent, cheating on your wife doesn’t seem like such a bad thing. And Jessica did sleep with someone else when she thought Brody was dead! Nah. No excuse, Brody.
15. Quinn Fabray with Noah “Puck” Puckerman (Glee)
Back when Quinn and Finn were an item, she had a little fling with Finn’s best friend Puck — you know, the real father of her baby. Things were tense for a while, but this is Glee: they eventually sorted it out through song and dance.
16. Don Draper with everyone (Mad Men)
Oh, I could go back and count all the different women Don has cheated with. Suffice it to say, a lot. Of course, Betty cheated, too. So did Pete. And Peggy. And Roger. And Joan. And — look, you get the idea. It was the ’60s.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.