1. You went on a school field trip to the La Brea Tar Pits.
And you were worried about the fictional volcano underneath. Thanks, Volcano.
3. You listened to a lot of KROQ.
Or Star 98.7 if you weren’t quite that cool.
4. You got doughnuts at the Farmer’s Market.
Before The Grove even existed.
5. You learned to conserve water at an early age because there was a drought.
There was always a drought.
8. Or Steven Spielberg’s restaurant Dive at Century City.
It was a submarine!
9. You got ice cream at Thrifty.
Before it was Rite Aid.
10. You remember falling ash from the L.A. riots.
Unless you were even closer, in which case you remember the fire.
12. And you were always on the lookout for Dennis Woodruff’s car.
15. You had property damage from the 1994 Northridge earthquake.
Or you didn’t. Either way, it scared the shit out of you.
16. You had a healthy fear of downtown.
This was before the Disney Concert Hall.
17. And Hollywood Boulevard.
Which was even sketchier than it is now.
18. Your conception of the ’50s was based largely on Ed Debevic’s.
Maybe you even cried because one of the waiters was rude to you. Hey, you were only a kid.
20. You thought Melrose was the coolest.
So many places to get pierced! And the show, of course.
21. Your parents warned you about wearing red or blue.
You were very aware of gangs.
23. You waited in line to see “Titanic” at the Westwood Village Theatre.
24. You got a great view at the Encounter Restaurant at LAX.
It doesn’t actually revolve, but at one point or another, you were sure it did.
25. You skipped school to check out the new “Jurassic Park” ride at Universal Studios.
26. And you rode “E.T. Adventure.”
You gave a fake name, because LOL.
28. You were dazzled by the collection at the Museum of Miniatures.
All the other museums were neat too. This one was just the coolest.
32. And Hollywood Star Lanes.
You were terrible at bowling.
33. You remember when the Staples Center opened.
Your dad went to see Bruce Springsteen play the first show.
34. You checked out the Rose Parade floats on display.
Or you actually went to the parade, if you were willing to camp out.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.