1. In classic Disney fashion, Tiana wishes on a star. But more than any other Disney Princess, she realizes it takes hard work to make a wish come true.
2. There’s a valuable lesson here for kids who can’t wait around for a Fairy Godmother to fulfill their wishes.
3. Tiana never stops working toward her dream. DOUBLE SHIFTS.
7. She’s beautiful, clearly. But she doesn’t rest on that.
8. She educates herself while ignoring outside distractions.
9. Name one other Disney princess who is this independent and hard-working. YOU CAN’T.
11. Tiana won’t let anyone stand in her way. That’s part of what makes her such a great role model.
12. She’s also notable for being the first African American Disney Princess. Her prince isn’t white either.
13. And she’s not an orphan or a child of neglect like so many fairy tale characters. Tiana’s family is tightly knit and supportive.
14. In fact, they teach the important values that make Tiana who she is.
15. As a woman, she’s fiercely independent, not instantly falling for the prince in either of his forms.
17. When she does fall in love with Prince Naveen, it’s not because he’s perfect, but rather that she accepts his flaws.
18. They’re willing to stay frogs to be together. It’s a decision they make as a couple, because they’re equals.
19. And sure, she gets the guy in the end, but that wasn’t her wish. She cares about so much more than being Naveen’s princess.
20. Tiana wants to make her dream of opening a restaurant come true. And she does, because she puts her mind to it.
21. She even passes her work ethic off to her lazy-ass prince.
22. Tiana stands alone as a Disney Princess: she’s bolder, wiser, and more assertive than the rest.
23. She’s an inspirational woman, the model of the American Dream.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Jared Fogle, the face of many Subway sandwich advertisements.