1. Mistresses is not a good show.
In fact, it’s kind of terrible. So why can’t I stop watching?
2. It’s ostensibly a show about friendship.
These four women are there for each other, no matter what each one is going through. The show does a good job of underlining the unbreakable bond between them.
3. But really, it’s a show about doin’ it.
Specifically with someone who isn’t your spouse. And that is great. The main draw of a late-night soap is steamy love scenes and partner swapping. Let’s be grateful that Mistresses is able to cut through the bullshit.
4. Like, EVERYONE cheats.
And it’s totally salacious.
7. And they do it all in public, even when the conversation moves from infidelity to assisted suicide.
9. There are laughs.
10. And sass.
12. Look, I’m not going to lie to you: this isn’t quality TV.
But it’s the summer. What are you doing that you can’t make time in your schedule for something trashy and absurd?
18. You need to be watching Mistresses, not because it’s great TV…
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›