1. Think back to the first time you saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, on stage or on screen.
4. You could be weird. You could be QUEER. And it was a good thing.
9. You began to see life as a search for your missing half.
13. At your lowest, you wondered if it was all just bullshit, and you were searching for something that didn’t exist.
14. Even if there was some grand cosmic plan, you weren’t certain it would ever go your way.
15. And if you did find your Tommy Gnosis, you were sure it wouldn’t last.
16. (You also realized you’d never find ANYONE as sexy as Michael Pitt, because seriously, come on now.)
17. But maybe it wasn’t about anyone else. It was about YOU.
19. You learned to laugh off the insults and the confused stares.
22. You found strength and comfort in creating your own identity, haters be damned.
23. And you saluted the other freaks out there. You were united in your difference.
Louis Peitzman is a senior entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. Peitzman writes about and reports on the television industry.
Contact Louis Peitzman at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.