1. Think back to the first time you saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, on stage or on screen.
4. You could be weird. You could be QUEER. And it was a good thing.
9. You began to see life as a search for your missing half.
13. At your lowest, you wondered if it was all just bullshit, and you were searching for something that didn’t exist.
14. Even if there was some grand cosmic plan, you weren’t certain it would ever go your way.
15. And if you did find your Tommy Gnosis, you were sure it wouldn’t last.
16. (You also realized you’d never find ANYONE as sexy as Michael Pitt, because seriously, come on now.)
17. But maybe it wasn’t about anyone else. It was about YOU.
19. You learned to laugh off the insults and the confused stares.
22. You found strength and comfort in creating your own identity, haters be damned.
23. And you saluted the other freaks out there. You were united in your difference.
Louis Peitzman is a senior entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. Peitzman writes about and reports on the television industry.
Contact Louis Peitzman at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?