1. At long last, we’ve arrived at the marriage of King Joffrey Baratheon to Margaery Tyrell.
Yes, he’s a horrifying sadist and she’s way too good for him, but at least Sansa didn’t have to go through with this.
2. All hail Queen Margaery!
Less enthused about King Joffrey.
3. The celebration moves outside for revelry and dwarf fights.
Yes, Joffrey decides to reenact the recent wars with dwarves, thereby offending his Uncle Tyrion and Tyrion’s wife Sansa, whose ENTIRE FAMILY IS DEAD. (Or so she thinks.) It’s tacky and totally in character, but it really makes you want to strangle Joffrey.
4. Tensions flare between Joffrey and Tyrion.
And it’s obvious whose side we’re on. You know what Tyrion got Joffrey for his wedding? A really neat old book. You know what Joffrey did with it? CHOPPED IT INTO PIECES.
5. And just when you’re sure you can’t take another second of Joffrey’s bullshit… he starts choking.
6. Like, really choking.
Like, this is gross but I’m also kind of excited?
7. And then? JOFFREY. DIES.
Yes, after three seasons of wishing he would just go ahead and die already, Joffrey finally gives the fans what they want and croaks at his own wedding. WHAT IS IT WITH THIS SHOW AND WEDDINGS?!
8. And Tyrion is, naturally, the most likely suspect.
Sure, he gave him some wine, but did he really poison it? (If he did, BRAVO. Team Tyrion.)
9. R.I.P. Joffrey. You were a total tool.
10. Game of Thrones airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.