1. At long last, we’ve arrived at the marriage of King Joffrey Baratheon to Margaery Tyrell.
Yes, he’s a horrifying sadist and she’s way too good for him, but at least Sansa didn’t have to go through with this.
2. All hail Queen Margaery!
Less enthused about King Joffrey.
3. The celebration moves outside for revelry and dwarf fights.
Yes, Joffrey decides to reenact the recent wars with dwarves, thereby offending his Uncle Tyrion and Tyrion’s wife Sansa, whose ENTIRE FAMILY IS DEAD. (Or so she thinks.) It’s tacky and totally in character, but it really makes you want to strangle Joffrey.
4. Tensions flare between Joffrey and Tyrion.
And it’s obvious whose side we’re on. You know what Tyrion got Joffrey for his wedding? A really neat old book. You know what Joffrey did with it? CHOPPED IT INTO PIECES.
5. And just when you’re sure you can’t take another second of Joffrey’s bullshit… he starts choking.
6. Like, really choking.
Like, this is gross but I’m also kind of excited?
7. And then? JOFFREY. DIES.
Yes, after three seasons of wishing he would just go ahead and die already, Joffrey finally gives the fans what they want and croaks at his own wedding. WHAT IS IT WITH THIS SHOW AND WEDDINGS?!
8. And Tyrion is, naturally, the most likely suspect.
Sure, he gave him some wine, but did he really poison it? (If he did, BRAVO. Team Tyrion.)
9. R.I.P. Joffrey. You were a total tool.
10. Game of Thrones airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?