1. Christina Applegate (Sue Ellen Crandell)
Christina Applegate appeared on Married… with Children till the show ended in 1997. Since then, she has starred in films, TV series, and on stage. Her most recent series, Up All Night, was recently canceled following her departure. She will next be seen in the Anchorman sequel.
3. Joanna Cassidy (Rose Lindsey)
Joanna Cassidy had already made a name for herself before Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead. After the movie, she appeared on several TV series, most notably Six Feet Under, which earned her two Emmy nominations. More recently she had a recurring role on Body of Proof.
5. Josh Charles (Bryan)
Josh Charles has gone on to be a successful TV star. He’s well known for his role as Dan Rydell on Aaron Sorkin’s critically acclaimed sitcom Sports Night. But over the past several years, he’s starred as Will Gardner on The Good Wife. He earned an Emmy Award nomination for the role.
7. Keith Coogan (Kenny Crandell)
Following an active career as a young actor, Keith Coogan has continued to work, with independent films and guest starring roles on TV. His two most recent credits are the movies Cats Dancing on Jupiter and Waking. He also hosts a podcast called “The Call Sheet.”
9. Danielle Harris (Melissa Crandell)
Danielle Harris has continued the “scream queen” career she began with Halloween 4, appearing in several horror films including Hatchet II, the Halloween II remake, and Stake Land. She will be in the next Hatchet sequel, due out this year, and the new 3D Night of the Living Dead sequel.
11. Christopher Pettiet (Zach Crandell)
Christopher Pettiet died in 2000 from a drug overdose. He had been struggling with addiction for years, appearing more infrequently in films and TV shows. His last role was in a 1999 episode of Judging Amy. After his death, his manager Kevin McDermott founded a scholarship fund in his name.
13. Robert Gorman (Walter Crandell)
Robert Gorman is best known for his work as a child actor, which also includes Forever Young and Mr. Nanny. He’s had bit parts on several shows, like One Tree Hill and Drop Dead Diva.
15. John Getz (Gus Brandon)
John Getz works frequently in film and TV. He was on a recent episode of Scandal and had a role in The Social Network. He’s playing Steve Jobs’ father Paul Jobs in the biopic Jobs.
17. David Duchovny (Bruce)
David Duchovny is of course best known for his iconic role as Fox Mulder on The X-Files, which premiered one year after Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead. To non-scifi geeks, he’s also widely recognized as Hank Moody from Showtime’s Californication. His recent film roles include Goats and The Joneses.
19. Jayne Brook (Carolyn)
Jayne Brook appeared alongside Josh Charles again when she had a four-episode run on Sports Night. She’s best known, however, for her role as Dr. Diane Grad on Chicago Hope. She also played a doctor in a recurring role on Private Practice.
21. Eda Reiss Merin (Mrs. Sturak, the babysitter)
Well, don’t tell Mom, but Eda Reiss Merin passed away in 1998.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›