1. If anyone can recapture the spirit of Little Orphan Annie, it’s Quvenzhane Wallis.
That charm! That smile! That precociousness!
3. But can we just take a moment and talk about how the original “Annie” was kind of perfect?
These orphans FTW.
5. I mean, this is just…
6. Major props to Aileen Quinn, maybe the only non-annoying Annie ever?
OK, less annoying Annie. Plucky young people are always a little bit irritating.
7. It doesn’t get any better than Carol Burnett.
She is Miss Hannigan. Accept no substitutes.
9. And it doesn’t get any better than Tim Curry and Bernadette Peters.
Tim effing Curry. Bernadette effing Peters. Come on now.
10. Look, this isn’t even Bernadette’s finest role or anything, but it’s still amazing.
The wig alone.
11. And who could be cuter than the original Molly?
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness.
12. Lastly, it doesn’t get any better than the original Sandy.
Or maybe it does. I don’t know. But now I’m thinking about how that dog is long dead, which is a huge bummer.
13. R.I.P. This dog.
14. But don’t be sad! Quvenzhane is going to rock this remake.
Have you seen her moves?
15. She’s an even better choice than Willow Smith.
And I LOVE Willow Smith.
16. Besides, you can always rent the original! (Or buy it. Just buy it.)
It’s available on Blu-ray, in case you were wondering.
17. And remember…
Do I even need to say it?