"60 Minutes" Airs Apology For Benghazi Report

CBS News has been under fire from critics who dispute details in the 60 Minutes report on 2012 attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

1. CBS’s 60 Minutes aired a brief correction and apology Sunday night for its Oct. 27 report on the Benghazi attacks, but offered no further explanation about the story.

CBS News had been aggressively defending the report’s accuracy, but last night correspondent Laura Logan said 60 Minutes had been misled by its key source, Dylan Davies, a British security officer who appeared using the pseudonym “Morgan Jones.”

“We realized we had been misled, and it was a mistake to include him in our report,” Logan said during Sunday’s broadcast. “For that, we are very sorry.”

Logan also apologized on Friday on CBS This Morning for the report.

The original 60 Minutes segment was deleted from the CBS News website, but Media Matters for America, which has been a vocal critic of the report since it aired, has preserved a copy of it.

David Brock, founder of Media Matters, called the aired apology “wholly inadequate and entirely self-serving.”

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

Facebook Conversations
          
    Now Buzzing