2. Once you’ve had your cup of joe, or three, you chase some stories.
4. Even risk crossing a police line.
Where occasionally you get caught.
5. No day is complete without a source asking to read copy before print.
6. Your editor is pressuring you for a story.
7. But while proofing you find many mistakes.
Thanks Microsoft Word.
9. But it is interrupted by somebody.
Namely that source who has been avoiding you.
10. You spend the time between lunch and home time on Twitter watching other journos get into fights with each other.
11. Until the editor shows up to look over your shoulder.
12. Occasionally there are treats in newsroom.
Did someone say cupcakes?