1. A group of owls is called a “Parliament.”
A group of incredibly shocked owls is called “Adorable.”
3. They have faces that just don’t quit.
“Oh hey, that’s me.”
4. Sometimes being cute is tiring, so they retire for an afternoon siesta.
5. They’re extremely efficient.
They can pinpoint their prey’s location, thanks to their asymmetrical ears. The owl tilts its head until it can estimate both the vertical and horizontal direction of the sound. (That’s not, like, super cute, but it IS super cool!)
7. Their eyesight is better than yours.
They have an extremely large binocular range of vision, thanks to the size and placement of their eyes.
8. Sometimes they give each other smooches.
11. They’re not gonna take any crap from Conan.
“I see you, pal.”
12. They can be a liiiiiittle suspicious.
This little guy is one of the educational animals at Centre Wildlife Care in Pennsylvania.
13. They always look fabulous.
Even when they roll out of bed – er, nest – in the morning.
14. … and, full disclosure, they can be a teeny bit grumpy.
Which actually makes them more likable.