The infield fly rule is as commonly misinterpreted as it is important. However, some fans find it difficult to explain.
1. Let’s defer to our friends over at Yahoo Answers.
2. This guy knows the rules of baseball. Just not the one we’re trying to define.
3. Here’s a strong theory on why it’s called at all.
5. It’s good to know the difference between fair and foul.
8. This is closer, but only by a fraction of an inch.
11. Two or three guys on base, yes. Less than two outs, yes.
So let’s get to it. What exactly is the infield fly rule?
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›