1. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver’s announcement that Clippers owner Donald Sterling would be banned for life was greeted with mostly positive response from current and former players.
3. Magic Johnson, who has been heavily involved with this controversy, was quick to praise Silver.
6. Current players jumped at the opportunity to voice their support of the decision.
19. NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar spoke at a press conference following the announcement.
“I’m just thrilled with what Commissioner Silver did. […] His actions and focus were so on the mark. We all started clapping because he handled it the right way. It’s gonna be a new day in this city and a lot of Clipper fans are gonna have a lot more to smile about.”
20. More former NBA players joined in expressing support for the lifetime ban.
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›