1. The 1992 Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins faced each other in the Super Bowl, but members of both teams came together to discuss abortion.
2. Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs introduced the topic by discussing Art Monk’s overturned Super Bowl touchdown.
3. Mark Kelso of the Bills brought up an interesting point: “You know, if you happen to be in a crisis pregnancy right now you’re probably thinking ‘what right do these highly paid athlete have to preach to me?’ And you’d be partly right.”
4. Several other players brought up interesting arguments, such as:
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›