2. The 2012 Boston incident was a drive-by shooting, with Hernandez now believed to be the shooter. Abreu and Furtado were pronounced dead on the scene.
3. At the time, the police had known Hernandez had been at a nightclub where a fight occurred prior to the Boston homicides. He was investigated in connection with this incident after he was indicted for the unrelated 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd.
4. In a press conference, District Attorney Daniel. F. Conley told reporters their investigation was “never about Aaron Hernandez. This was about the victims.”
5. Hernandez is currently being held without bail after pleading not guilty of the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd.
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵