1. Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on murder charges for the deaths of Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu and Safiro Teixeira Furtado.
The Associated Press
2. The 2012 Boston incident was a drive-by shooting, with Hernandez now believed to be the shooter. Abreu and Furtado were pronounced dead on the scene.
3. At the time, the police had known Hernandez had been at a nightclub where a fight occurred prior to the Boston homicides. He was investigated in connection with this incident after he was indicted for the unrelated 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd.
AP Photo/Boston Herald, Ted Fitzgerald, Pool
4. In a press conference, District Attorney Daniel. F. Conley told reporters their investigation was “never about Aaron Hernandez. This was about the victims.”
5. Hernandez is currently being held without bail after pleading not guilty of the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.