1. The Daily Show’s Al Madrigal learned during an interview with Nate Silver that statistically-speaking Alabama and Mississippi are most likely going to be the last two states in the country to legalize same-sex marriage.
2. So, Madrigal headed down south to see which one was the most homophobic.
5. Madrigal then conducted an experiment with actors posing as a gay couple in both states.
7. And in Mississippi, they got this lovely keepsake made with no problem at all:
8. The takeaway?
Here Are The Top Stories
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.