1. The Daily Show’s Al Madrigal learned during an interview with Nate Silver that statistically-speaking Alabama and Mississippi are most likely going to be the last two states in the country to legalize same-sex marriage.
2. So, Madrigal headed down south to see which one was the most homophobic.
5. Madrigal then conducted an experiment with actors posing as a gay couple in both states.
7. And in Mississippi, they got this lovely keepsake made with no problem at all:
8. The takeaway?
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›