1. The Daily Show’s Al Madrigal learned during an interview with Nate Silver that statistically-speaking Alabama and Mississippi are most likely going to be the last two states in the country to legalize same-sex marriage.
2. So, Madrigal headed down south to see which one was the most homophobic.
5. Madrigal then conducted an experiment with actors posing as a gay couple in both states.
7. And in Mississippi, they got this lovely keepsake made with no problem at all:
8. The takeaway?
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️