1. The Daily Show’s Al Madrigal learned during an interview with Nate Silver that statistically-speaking Alabama and Mississippi are most likely going to be the last two states in the country to legalize same-sex marriage.
2. So, Madrigal headed down south to see which one was the most homophobic.
5. Madrigal then conducted an experiment with actors posing as a gay couple in both states.
7. And in Mississippi, they got this lovely keepsake made with no problem at all:
8. The takeaway?
In The News Today
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›