Let’s be honest: there are some things you’re dreading about Pride.
5. That straight guy who won’t stop hitting on gay girls —
(And their girlfriends).
6. The straight girls who think that this day is all about them making BFFs with drag queens.
7. Ending up with a bunch of flyers because the people handing them out were cute.
8. Seeing one of your friends vomit before it’s even dark outside.
9. Realizing that you’re expected to go out with your friends after the parade.
10. People being really aggressive about getting the bartender’s attention.
11. That person that won’t leave you alone on the dance floor.
12. Spending all of your money on special cocktails.
Or just on admission to parties.
13. Having to wake up for work in the morning.
Why is Pride on a Sunday?
15. And looking in the mirror and realizing you’ll never get all that glitter off of your skin.
Really, though, there’s only one thing you can do:
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›