1. First, look at this amazing photo of chimps at a rescue center grieving for their friend Dorothy, who died of old age.
2. Now look at this photo of a dog standing vigil over his master’s grave.
This was taken in 1920, so the dog will have passed on by now as well.
3. And this one.
A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero on January 15, 2011.
4. Watch this short video of Seymour waiting for Fry in Futurama
5. Now look at this photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
6. Take a moment to read this story about one man and an extraordinary act of kindness that changed a stranger’s life.
7. OK, now watch this moment from the TV show Scrubs
8. Read the last words that Alex, the African gray parrot who was able to count and identify colors, said to his person, Irene Pepperberg before he died in 2007.
9. Watch this unbelievably inspiring commercial for the Special Olympics.
10. Look at this photo of how best friends should treat each other.
11. Here’s a picture of Calvin all grown up with a child, saying goodbye to his old playmate.
12. Look at this photo of a heroic Jack Russell terrier who gave up his life to protect five children from wild dogs.
13. Here’s a short comic someone made about how their mom came to enjoy video games.
14. Now look at this photo of Kermit the frog paying tribute to his dad.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!